Instagram Algorithm Feed

Three Tips to Conquer the Instagram Algorithm

n a perfect world, great Instagram content would garner followers and likes worth all the painstaking effort that went into creating it. From shooting and editing the perfect shot and crafting that witty, but the subtle caption, the ultimate goal is to achieve the metrics that lead to happy clients. However, creating great content is just the beginning. There is an inherent science to tackling the Instagram algorithm. Below are the top three ways to conquer the algorithm for any client. 

Engagement is the Epicenter

Reputation X, an online reputation management blog, shares that only 10% of audiences see the intended content. To reach the other 90% you must engage through comments, whether on a feed or through stories. The Instagram algorithm honors accounts that invest in adding to the conversation. Another tip is to create authentic content of value. This will garner likes and shares to push your message to multiple audiences.

Consistency is the Key to Curation

A goal of the Instagram algorithm is to create a curated experience. It goes beyond following and takes a deep dive into what accounts a user has liked and shared historically. It feeds users content that they want to see and information that they find valuable. So how does your client end up on the coveted list? Consistency. Using platforms like Later will help your client stay top of mind ( well, top of feed). 

Time is Money and Engagement

Although Instagram has moved away from chronological order, time still matters to the algorithm. It still wants to show followers the latest in the content that interests them, especially those that do not use the platform less frequently. The Instagram algorithm wants to show infrequent users the highlights. The best tip for mastering this Instagram element is to take a deep dive into your analytics to see when the bulk of your audience is actively engaged.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email