The right use of social platforms, the strategy behind it, and the subtle differences in layout can impact flow through the ad and the emphasis on different creative elements (text, video, imagery). That’s why it’s important to play attention to these differences and the contrast of each social platform.
Facebook: contrast baseline
Through all these years, Facebook has been helping businesses to understand the main best practices, below are some basic tips that will contribute to set a baseline and understand afterwards, the contrast of social platforms:
- Great creative: Vivid footage and colorful images in high definition are important
- Clear focal point: Focus viewers’ attention on a clear focal point to draw the eye in.
- Strong Branding: Make sure people know who’s talking to them.
- Be authentic: Tone of the ad must fit with the brand’s personality.
- Be relatable: Content must be relevant
- Provide a reward: make the viewer smile, learn interesting information or have a positive feeling.
- To the point: Drive home your message with engaging yet simple and clear post text.
- Design for no sound: Creative must tell a visual story.
Baseline set, time to explain the contrast between social platforms
The principles presented above, also apply to Instagram. However, the visual quality is the key differentiator. The visual must lead, the text can only enhance or explain.
On the other hand, for Twitter creative should aim for love at first sight. It must be a scrolling-stopper, telling a short story and make it personal.
When talking about Snapchat, the content would be delivered in a native style, keeping the visual language in mind. The platform requires an early branding moment before the :02 mark. Usually, the best practice is to keep the creative simple and concise with a clear key message communicated in the first few seconds. Of course, aligning the creative with the right buy model.
When combining the basic differences of each social platform with the device used, the delivery of the message will be resonating better among the audience instantly. For instance, a mobile creative requires a clear and persistent branding allowing brand awareness without forgetting that must be short. Brand cues need to be clearly visible in mobile ads.
By having a comprehensive understanding of the differences of the social platforms, the outcome of the social ad will tremendously increase reaching the right audience in the right moment with the right creative. Hence, this will allow to understand the contrast between social platforms, in the best way possible to reach your audience natively.