As more people are following Marie Kondo’s new phenomenon, which aims to help people clean their spaces by choosing joy with simple tools, we can also declutter our blog to make it more attractive for our readers and SEO friendly.
The KonMari Method™ encourages tidying by category. Keep only those things that speak to the heart, and discard items that no longer spark joy.
Is your blog sparking joy?
If your WordPress blog is not bringing joy to you, it really needs a deep cleaning. A messy blog could not only drive away visitors, but it could also be slow, insecure and hard to navigate.
Inspired by this method, we can clean our blog by category.
Basic tips to clean
your blog and make it SEO friendly
- Tidy up your sidebar. Take a look at your sidebar area. Is it full of ads, logos, pictures, and stuff that seemed important at the time, but just takes up valuable space now? Discard everything that is not adding value anymore,
howeverkeep things that have a specific purpose.
- Remove inactive Plugins. Have you bought an item only to have it hidden away for a long time in your closet? Same happens with plugins. Examine your WordPress plugin area and delete those that you are not using anymore.
- Optimize menus, categories, and tags. Check your menus and make sure they still drive visitors to the right content. Same with categories and tags, if there are some that you don’t use frequently, you can merge or remove them.
- Moderate your comments
. Tryto reply to comments on your posts, as it helps grow your community. Also, review and delete spam comments on a regular basis. Akismet plugin is a great option to keep spam comments away.
- Update and remove unused Images.
- If you have been blogging for a long time, it is probable that your images on old posts are outdated. Update your old posts with new high-quality photos. Use the replace media option in WordPress, add keywords to improve SEO. Do not forget to delete images you are not using from your media library.
Follow these tips to transform your cluttered WordPress blog into a well-ranked blog. You can follow more tips to declutter your blog here.
Have you cleaned your blog lately?