We live in a digital age, and it is great. The potential for connecting that it offers us is unlike anything in history, but it also comes at a price. In the next few years, we’re likely to see most of humanity connected to one another in some form of a mobile device. We may one day reach a point where true conversations can happen between man and machine, but for now, it is still up to the people, the marketers and brand ambassadors of the world, to drive this human connection.
Whether you’re a marketer, blogger or social media maven, think about the people that consume the content that you develop. Think not in terms of SEO and call-to-actions, but more so on the deeper relationship between you and your audience. We can attempt to click-bait with catchy headlines and subject lines, but at the end of the day, no one would care for content that doesn’t resonate with the very core of their being, their humanity. to be as human as possible on the web.
Major benefits of social media
- The digital age makes you can connect with people all over the world, for free. This comes in handy if you have friends who have traveled abroad. You can send them messages on Facebook or Twitter, and they can respond quickly from wherever they are.
- Social media will enhance your life. Being an active participant in social media is a great way to learn new things. News outlets are constantly using social media, to help keep people in the loop.
- A popular online dictionary defines social media as, “Web sites and other online means of communication that are used by large groups of people to share information and to develop social and professional contacts,”.
- It will provide you the chance to communicate, connect and be involved like never before. You’ll stay connected with news outlets, family, friends and virtually whatever else you’d like to connect with. Make your life more convenient, and create some social media profiles for yourself.
- Staying connected to your social networks on the platforms that you use can be vital to your professional success. Through social media sites, you can find jobs, inform your community of business opportunities and career openings, and you can even monetize your accounts.