The penalty for not being GDPR compliant.
The GDPR has been in effect since May 25, 2018 and if not followed properly, companies and organizations can be fined up to 4% of their annual income or €$20 Million as a maximum.
Not sure where to start?
Below are four key steps to help you make your company GDPR compliant.
- Step 2 – Update the design of lead capture forms on your website.
- A clear explanation of what the individual is signing up for.
- Step 3 – Implement a documentation strategy explaining the consent process.
- This documentation needs to be accessible at all times.
- Step 4 – Re-consent your database.
- Figure out a process of getting new consent from the individuals in your database.
For further information on these four steps and how your company should adhere to these new regulations the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) has published detailed guidance to compliant marketing practice.